Tuesday, July 14, 2009

to be continued..?

This whole thing has gotten so wild... I'm kind of alternating between really excited and nervous and kinda feel like none of it is happening to me. Like I'm sitting in a theatre watching it.

My interview tomorrow got called off. Not sure why. I was at first going to react with disappointment -- another chance down the tubes -- until I got a followup email moments later:

"If an opportunity came along and it was the right fit for you, how soon can you be back in NY?"

I'm not out of the game!

I responded: "I prefer to give my current employers the customary two week notice. However, with the unique and uncertain circumstance of my job right now, in the interest of self-preservation I might make an exception. I could feasibly coordinate and execute the logistics of a move from Atlanta to NYC in a week or so."

Which I could. I mean, I'd be getting next to no sleep at all and I'd be dishing out a pile of cash for my flight -- but I could do it.

But I think they're interested. I think they're...very interested. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em, my little bro...
I am so proud of you! You are going to love NYC even more with a steady paycheck! :D

John

Sayre said...

I am on the edge of my seat!

I second John. You're doing it the right way this time - going to a job, not going to hunt for one. It makes a huge difference!

Mom said...

S-t-e-a-d-y...it will be fine. Just don't get spooked. You have a lot to offer, and I'm sure you will get something soon. They may be changing all their plans after talking to you, and that takes time. They might even be creating a new place for you. Be patient.
Mom