Tuesday, July 28, 2009

reprieve

OK, I can breathe a little now. Just a little. I've touched base with NYC, and with roommate, and I have a little room to work.

N -- new roommate in NYC -- was planning on building out my room before I entered the picture -- so he'd already planned to not have a roommate for the month of August so he could hang drywall and windows and such. We talked today and I explained the status of my job at this second in time, and it's no problem. Smooth sailing. So I don't have to worry about losing the pad if nothing happens this week. I have a little time. PLUS, if that doesn't work out... his other roommate is also leaving, on September 15 - a better room, more space... so that could all work out beautifully.

Current roommate has secured his new roommate -- for September 1. So I have some breathing room locally, too. I can let some dust settle and take things as they come. But if you know me, you know I've never been one for stasis. I had that horrible feeling of nerves and dread going into work tonight. I just don't want to be there anymore. It's so frustrating. One of my former colleagues told me he knew he was done when he found himself crying on his way to work... and I feel like I'm getting close to that. It's time to move on.

But a bright spot this week has been the presence of my sister and nephew. Dinner with the fam on Sunday night was great, and Zoo Atlanta this morning was a lot of fun -- somewhere I'd never been before! I may get to hang with them again tomorrow before they depart back to FL on Wednesday. I do wish I were a bit more mobile than I am -- the ability to easily go see family and friends is definitely a large gap in my life. Ironically, a move to NYC might make things easier -- a better paying job makes it easier to pay for plane tickets!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Whew! Breathing space! Remember to breathe. Love you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

sounds like the plan is working...

dad

Sayre said...

We had a great time visiting with you! I'm glad we could squeeze in a coffe on Tuesday!