Wednesday, July 22, 2009

...

You have GOT to be kidding me.

At the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND... as in 5 PM, close of court clerk business today... tomorrow's hearing has been adjourned until August 10. At least THREE MORE WEEKS OF THIS CRAP.

I'm just floored. We all know the end result here. Delaying the inevitable like this is pure torture. Put us out of our misery already!

At this rate, I may lose the NY apartment... I'm trying desperately to be responsible and smart about this -- that I won't make the move until I have a new job in NY or the gym closes so that I won't lose my insurance or be stuck on unemployment for an unreasonable amount of time. A new job is nearly impossible to secure unless I'm physically there.

I'm thisclose to tossing decorum out the window and going straight to the top - a carefully worded, respectful email or phone call to my CEO, basically asking him to allow me the opportunity to make an informed decision instead of being ambushed. And honestly, I don't think there's much to lose at this point -- though if I was hoping for a transfer (and I have inquired about this to deafening silence) -- it might not be an option. But hell, maybe it isn't anyway.

Bright spot, though.. I get to have lunch with my old boss tomorrow. I miss her so, so much.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I know it is hard to remember, but this bit of wisdom will get you through--
"God's timing is never wrong." Hang in there--it will all work out.

You have been a champ so far. I'm very proud of you.
Love,Mom

Sayre said...

I can see how you might be feeling a bit of frustration here... A word to the bossman might not be out of place, given the circumstances though.