Saturday, July 26, 2008

on the road

Its my first time posting from my shiny new phone so excuse any odd typos. I haven't quite gotten the hang of the touchscreen keyboard yet, but I'm improving. It does a pretty good job of autocorrecting most of the time though.

I've spent the last week recovering from my surgery. Pretty painful procedure, worse than when I had my wisdoms taken out. I foolishly thought I might be able to go back to work after the procedure. That went out the door when the doc said to get my pain killers immediately after or I'd be in tears of pain when the novacaine wore off. I didn't make it in time. I thought I'd go to walmart to save a few bucks which was an idiot move. It took them two hours to fill the prescription. Now I generally have a pretty high pain tolerance, but after 20 minutes of waiting the novo wore off. Doc wasn't kidding. I called my brothers in hopes they would have something more potent than tylenol since they lived little more than a mile away. 10 minutes later my big brother rolled up in his new snazzy ride and took me away to apply ice packs and ibuprofen. I am eternally grateful.

(off the phone, back to the computer now)

Eventually, the pills were ready, so my nephew carted me back to Wal-Mart and then to home. Suffice to say, I did not go to work that night. I conked out at home and feasted on way overcooked macaroni and cheese.

Now, a week later, I'm feeling much better in general, though guffaws and laughter are still kind of rough. It would figure that I'd stumble across some of the most amusing YouTube videos would appear this week, too, including the Muppets newest foray into Internet videos:



Or this news clip of John McCain knocking over a grocery shelf full of applesauce:



--

Finally, my formerly broken arm has been perking up and asking for attention again. Jealous of the teeth, I guess. It started swelling up last night and just standard motions, like picking up a glass, are oddly painful. I'm calling my ortho in the AM to see if he can fit me in. At my last visit back in November, he mentioned that there was a possibility that the screws holding the metal plates in place could come loose... which would require another surgery to removed them. Ick. Let's hope it's just internal scar tissue acting up because of the recent rain storms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor John McCain

he's so pitiful, only the canned goods are attracted to him an his ideas any more

Sayre said...

Gah! I guess you won't be doing much chewing? I need to go to the dentist and have been putting it off. After nearly 20 years, it's a little daunting.

I hope your arm is okay. Yet another surgery would totally suck.