Friday, July 18, 2008

i did it...

I yielded to temptation. Six and a half hours waiting in in line...and honestly?

TOTALLY worth it. What a great little piece of machinery! Can't wait to show it off to everyone. It meant switching over to AT&T from T-Mobile and losing my old NYC phone number I've had for five years... but it was time to give up the ghost. I'm now an Atlanta local... whether I like it or not! Tomorrow begins the process of notifying everyone of the new line before cutting off the old one.

I'm quite proud of myself for a minor accomplishment that got acknowledged today -- I've been working over the last few years on correcting my credit. AT&T has been doing credit checks lately and requiring some pretty large deposits (up to $1,000) if you're not up to snuff. There's a lot of buzz on the web about that. They ran my credit, and came back clean enough for me to walk out without having to put down a deposit. Not perfect, but a great improvement! Five years ago I'd have been in that top tier of "must pay" people.

Waiting on that line also gave me a minute to think that if this whole career path I'm on right now goes off the rails at some point in the future (don't read into that, everything is fine) perhaps managing an Apple Store would be a direction to head in. Apple pays fairly well, offers good perks, and would be a product I could get behind easily. Plus, the air of excitement and anticipation while we waited in that line made it very fun. The kid who took care of me had been run ragged for six hours and looked like he was having the time of his life.

--

And to follow up on the dentist thing, I went on Thursday morning, and I like her alright. It was a fairly short visit and she didn't really *do* anything but take an x-ray and diagnose the problem. I have to go to an oral surgeon on Monday to correct my root canal, which has gotten itself a little infected. Need to cut open the gum to do that, so there ya go. Ugh.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

You go, man! Good credit is a great thing to have. Too bad more people don't realize how valuable keeping your finances in check is! I've been working on ours too for the last ten years. It's one of the reasons we WALTZED through the homebuying process.

Congratulations on your phone - I hope you two will be very happy together!

Good luck with the dentist stuff. I will have to bite the bullet and go visit one myself soon. It's been nearly 20 years. Sigh.