Saturday, May 31, 2008

more and more

It just gets more and more interesting at work these days. Two people get the ax this coming week and not a minute too soon (actually, about eight months too late in both cases). There's been a lot of speculation that our region wasn't safe from closure (which turned out to be completely true -- there was more than one conversation about selling us [and only us] off to the highest bidder), which has just been laid to rest, and we're secure. And just recently, I found out I've been shortlisted for a MAJOR promotion. My boss is saying that after three years of stellar work, the higher ups are finally beginning to notice me and taking what I have to say with TWO grains of salt instead of one.

Healthwise, I was worried coming off my vacation time last week that I was coming down with strep once again -- I got that familiar tinge in my throat. It never developed any further, though, so I'll chalk it up to readjusting to the Southern pollen. I'm feeling quite good these days.

Oh, and my vacation! Glorious. I got to see some really terrific theatre, pal around with my dearest friends, and just get my mind off of everything that's spinning around up there for a few days.

June and July are going to be intense and exciting times which may make me more distant than usual (if possible!) but it's all going to be really good, positive things coming my way. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Solitarius said...

Welcome home...
Where are the NYC pics?

Anonymous said...

Hey, little brother-
I am so pleased to hear all the good news! Keep it up! :)

John