Wednesday, September 23, 2009

home, sweet home

Man, did I miss this city!

I haven't even gone out or done very much yet. I've been trying to get settled in, and finally, it appears to be happening. My room, when I first got here, was unfinished. The loft was shaky and unsupported, no furniture, no drywall, nothing. So first, a run to Home Depot to get supplies to rebuild the loft bed. Noah did most of the work, this seems to be one of his many fortes... I'm more technical and handy, but he can build. It's quite impressive, actually -- he built all the walls and a lot of the structural stuff in this apartment, and did a bang up job of it. After getting the loft built, we turned to the steps, and then finally, to Ikea. I dropped a pretty sizable coin on a couple of furniture pieces and the like, but it's very much worth it. I'm finally home, and each little addition tells me more. In fact, my computer is now back up and running. Clothes are finding a new home and... egads, I have my first load of dirty laundry to do tomorrow.

But that will all have to wait for a moment, because tomorrow: My first interview.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Sayre said...

Fingers crossed for the interview and I'm so glad you're HOME again! This might be where you were born and raised, buy NYC is your hometown!

Mom said...

".....Home again, home again, jiggity-jig!" Gotta work on that--I'm sure I can come up with a parody that applies.

Anonymous said...

If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere....
The "happy" fairly oozes off the page. dad